TRY YOUR HAND AT WELSH TRIVIAEasy Welsh Quiz!
Or at least deemed Easy
by the quiz creators...
See if you can answer any of theses hard questions from the North American Festival of Wales.
The St. David's Society of Minnesota was formed to celebrate the heritage and culture of the Welsh immigrants to Minnesota. To these ends, St. David's Society members celebrate and cultivate all things Welsh - in literature, history, music, dance, art or ideas, traditional and contemporary.
Visit our What's On? page to learn more about how to participate.
- The September newsletter is out! Visit the "Newsletter" page above to view it.
- The Well-Read Dragons Book Club: Saturday, October 7 at 11:30 am at Davanni’s, 3673 Lexington Ave. N. in Arden Hills. Come to talk about A Childhood in a Welsh Mining Valley by Vivian Jones. See more details and the list of books for discussion through August 2018 on the What's On page. Come even if you haven't read the book.
- Sgwrs Cymraeg, Welsh Language Discussion Group: Next Welsh language group meeting is Sunday, October 8, at 2:00 pm at 8844 Stevens Ave. S. in Bloomington. All levels are welcome. We do some conversation, some drills (suitable for beginning levels), and some reading / translation.
- Recital by Jeremy Huw Williams, Welsh baritone and Paula Fan, piano: The Society is excited to welcome this Welsh opera singer of international repute to the Twin Cities. Be sure to put this on your calendar: Monday, October 30 at 6 PM at the University of Minnesota School of Music, West Bank Campus. Free admission.
- Local event of interest: Family History Fair, Saturday, October 28, 9am - 3pm at the Minneapolis Central Library. Connect with expert genealogists and learn about state, local and library resources; learn to identify clues to your family history; find out how to use and evaluate DNA for family connections, and more. Visit resource tables, attend presentations and learn how to start your family genealogy. For more information and to register, visit http://hclib.org/about/news/2017/september/family-history.
Visit the What's On? page for more details.